Here is a list of the questions we are asked most often… Hopefully this list can help you make an informed decision on purchasing a puppy from Curly Tail Pups! 😊
What breeds of puppies do you sell? How much does each breed cost?
- Coton de Tulear (purebred) – $1300 ($200 deposit) – ACA registerable
- Havaton (designer breed) – $1100 ($200 deposit) – ACHC registerable
Our Havaton puppies are purebred Coton de Tulear bred with purebred Havanese.
- Cotonese Mix – $600 ($100 deposit)
Our Cotonese Mix puppies are purebred Coton de Tulear with Maltese-mix.
How big do these puppies get?
- Our puppies typically range in weight between 10-16 pounds when full grown.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Google Pay
- As a last option we accept PayPal, but we do charge a 3% additional fee.
What are your shipping options? How much do you charge?
- You are always welcome to pick up your puppy at our house for free!
- We will drive up to 200 miles to meet you for $150.
- We will meet you inside the Nashville Airport (BNA) for $150.
- We will consider shipping your puppy via cargo airship, depending on variables such as location, weather conditions & temperatures, etc. Call or message us for more details and/or a quote.
When can my puppy come home with me?
- We allow your puppy to leave our home between 7-8 weeks depending on puppy’s development/maturity.
What food will my puppy be used to eating?
- We feed all of our dogs, including puppies, 4Health Puppy Formula available through Tractor Supply. (https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4health-puppy-formula-dog-food-5-lb-bag?cm_vc=-10005) Your new puppy will come with a sample of this food that can be used to transition your puppy if you choose to switch foods.
Will my puppy receive any vaccinations?
- By or around 7 weeks of age, each puppy will receive a 5-way vaccination. This vaccinates your new puppy against: canine distemper, adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis), adenovirus type 2 (respiratory disease), canine parainfluenza, and canine parvovirus. If you would prefer your new puppy to NOT be vaccinated, please let us know and we would be more than happy to accommodate you!
Do you recommend using puppy pads while my new puppy is still being potty trained?
- We use both paper pads and cloth pads with our puppies. The paper pads are simple to throw away when used, but are also easy for puppies to tear. Cloth puppy pads are our favorites because they are machine washable, eco-friendly, and very durable. When puppies are young, we use a gentle paper tape to tape the pad to the floor so that it doesn’t slip around while Puppy is trying to use it. As puppies get older, we take them out in our fenced yard to transition them to going outside. We do still keep a puppy pad or two inside at this point for times when puppies don’t make it outside in time. Here are some links to the cloth puppy pads we use off of Amazon:
What will my new puppy come with?
- We will send weekly updates with pictures letting you know how your puppy is growing & developing and when they receive dewormings, and vaccinations.
- Food sample of 4Health Puppy Formula
- Small blanket that we let Mama, Daddy, and siblings lay on/play with to get good familiar smells on it so that your puppy has a “scent of home” to make transitioning into your home a little easier for your new puppy.
- Handmade cloth rope toy
- Record of vaccination & deworming history
- Record of Well-Puppy vet check
- Health guarantee
- Registration application for Cotons (ACA) and Havatons (ACHC)
- 3-generation pedigree for Cotons & Havatons