Here is a list of the questions we are asked most often… hopefully this list can help you make an informed decision on purchasing a puppy from Curly Tail Pups! 😊
What breeds of puppies do you sell? How much does each breed cost?
- Coton de Tulear (purebred) – $1600 ($200 deposit) – ACA registerable
- Havaton (designer breed) – $1500 ($200 deposit) – ACHC registerable
Our Havaton puppies are purebred Coton de Tulear bred with purebred Havanese.
- Cotonese Mix – $900 ($200 deposit)
Our Cotonese Mix puppies are purebred Coton de Tulear bred with Maltese-mix.
Deposits are non-refundable and go towards the final price of the puppy.
How big do these puppies get?
- Our puppies typically range in weight from 10-20 pounds when full grown.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Note: We do not accept checks or money orders.
What are your shipping options? How much do you charge?
- You are always welcome to pick up your puppy at our house for free!
- We will drive up to 3 hours to meet you for $50/hr (1 hour – $50; 2 hours – $100; 3 hours – $150)
- We will meet you inside the Indianapolis (IND) or Ft. Wayne (FWA) airport for $150. (This includes the price for a health certificate required for flying)
When can my puppy come home with me?
- Our puppies typically go to their new home around 7-8 weeks old.
What food will my puppy be used to eating?
- We feed all of our puppies (and adults) with Taste of The Wild’s Ancient Stream food. It’s available in 5lb, 14 lb, and 28 lb bags at some pet stores as well as online. Your new puppy will come with a sample pack of this food that can be used to transition your puppy if you choose to switch foods.
- If you’d like to stay on this food you can purchase it here: https://amzn.to/3NaeUk1
Will my puppy receive any vaccinations?
- At or around 7 weeks of age, each puppy will receive a 5-way vaccination. This vaccinates your new puppy against: distemper, adenovirus type 1 (hepatitis), adenovirus type 2 (respiratory disease), parainfluenza virus, and parvovirus. If you would prefer your new puppy to NOT be vaccinated, please let us know and we would be more than happy to accommodate you!
Do you recommend using puppy pads while my new puppy is still being potty trained?
- We use both paper pads and cloth pads with our puppies. The paper pads are simple to throw away when used, but are also easy for puppies to tear. Cloth puppy pads are our favorites because they are machine washable, eco-friendly, and very durable. When puppies are young, we like to use painter’s to tape the pad to the floor so that it doesn’t slip around while they’re trying to use it. As puppies get older, we take them out in our fenced yard to transition them to going outside. We do still keep a puppy pad or two inside at this point for times when puppies don’t make it outside in time. Here are some links to the cloth puppy pads we use off of Amazon:
What will my new puppy come with?
- We will send weekly updates with pictures letting you know how your puppy is growing & developing and when they receive dewormings and vaccinations.
- Taste of The Wild Ancient Stream food sample packs
- Small blanket that we let Momma, Daddy, and siblings lay on/play with to get good familiar smells on it so that your puppy has a “scent of home” to make transitioning into your home a little easier for your new puppy.
- Handmade cloth rope toy
- Record of vaccination & deworming history
- Record of well-puppy vet check
- Health guarantee
- Registration application for Cotons (ACA) and Havatons (ACHC)
- 3-generation pedigree for Cotons & Havatons